Keeping our children safe
At White Rock Primary School we strongly recognise the need for vigilant awareness of safeguarding issues. All staff have received appropriate training and induction so that they understand their roles and responsibilities and are confident about carrying them out. Staff, pupils, parents and governors feel secure that they can raise any issues or concerns about the safety or welfare of children and know that they will be listened to and taken seriously. This is achieved by maintaining an ethos of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. At our school we are not afraid to challenge each other to keep our children safe.
The school takes safeguarding very seriously. There is always someone available to speak to adults or children about any safeguarding concerns whether these are current or historic.
We all have a safeguarding responsibility and have a duty to refer any safeguarding issues to external agencies that need to be involved.
Mrs Sarah Tomkinson Mrs Sarah Jarrett Mrs Leanne Foster
Senior Designated Deputy Safeguarding Deputy Safeguarding
Safeguarding Lead Lead Lead
Mrs Nicky Howard Mr Liam O'Sullivan
Deputy Safeguarding Deputy Safeguarding
Mrs Donna Harris
Deputy Safeguarding Lead
· If you have a concern about a member of staff please contact the Headteacher, Mrs Tomkinson at: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01803 577940.
· If you have a concern about the Headteacher, please contact Jo Beer (Chair of Governors) at: email@example.com
· If you have concerns about any child, you can contact Torbay Children's Services on: 01803 208100 or out of hours on 0300 456 4876 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SAFEGUARDING IS EVERYONE'S RESPONSIBILTY
At White Rock Primary School we are committed to ensuring that all children are safe during their time with us. Our safeguarding covers many aspects including:
- Recruiting staff and volunteers
- Allowing visitors into the school
- Checking attendance and following up any low attendance
- Ensuring play-times are safe and enjoyable for all pupils
- Educating our pupils about bullying, on line safety, staying safe in the community, drug and alcohol awareness and health education
- Training staff and volunteers
Our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the school website at the following link:
If you have a complaint or need to make an allegation about a member of staff or volunteer at the school please contact the Headteacher, Sarah Tomkinson, in the first instance by email at email@example.com, by telephone 01803 577940 or in person by popping into the reception. If you are still unhappy or the complaint or allegation is about the Headteacher please contact the Chair of Governors, Mark Glew, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the main reception and leaving a message for him to call you back. All allegations and complaints are treated in the strictest confidence and will be dealt with immediately.
ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT A CHILD?
Please call these numbers:
TORBAY - 01803 208100
TORBAY OUT OF HOURS - 0300 456 4876
EMAIL OUR SAFEGUARDING TEAM ON:
https://www.survivorsuk.org/ (for men)
HAVE YOU SEEN SOME OF OUR SAFEGUARDING POSTERS AROUND SCHOOL?