Public organisations, schools (and academies) are required to comply with GDPR. At White Rock Primary School we have been working on our GDPR readiness since November 2017. We have accomplished the following:
- Made everyone on the staff aware – all the way up to our governors.
- Carried out data mapping to look at how we obtain data, where our data is stored, and how it leaves the school.
- Been on training courses held by professional solicitors.
- Carried out training sessions for our teachers on what GDPR means, how we store and use data, etc.
- Have explored how we can monitor data protection in school using 'GDPR in Schools' (GDPRiS). The system also allows us to keep track of our suppliers and their compliance, carry out internal audits, and record breaches.
White Rock Primary School continues to take data privacy seriously, and will continue to improve our processes and procedures on an ongoing basis.